Phillip W. Brown Memorial Scholarship
A Memorial Scholarship has been established to honor Phillip W. Brown, who served as a business education teacher, guidance counselor, and administrator at Henry-Senachwine High School from 1960 to 1987. He was a man committed to faith, family, character, and a strong work ethic. His family of four daughters and eleven grandchildren attended Henry Schools from 1963 thru 2018. This scholarship is not based on GPA or Transcript.
Scholarship amount: $500
This scholarship will consider all Henry-Senachwine High School graduating seniors who have post-secondary plans to further their education.
Students may be considered using the following criteria:
1. Extra-curricular/Community/Family Involvement/Character
- Commitment to school organizations, clubs, athletics
- Commitment to community groups, panels, interests
- Commitment to faith, family life
- Commitment to being a person of character
2. Post-secondary Plans
- College/Trade School/Other Institution
A simple letter of application submitted to the Henry-Senachwine High School Counselor by April 17, 2020 including:
- A cover sheet with your name. The cover sheet will be removed prior to the selection process to maintain anonymity.
- Extra-Curricular, Community, and Faith/Family Involvement, and Evidence of Character
- Name of the school you will be attending and your field of study
You may also see Mrs. Self for the criteria and for any questions you may have.