Caterpillar Student Training Program
The Student Trainee Program, established in 1989, continues to provide educational and on-the-job opportunities for High School and Community College students to work in a real-world environment. Caterpillar partners with over 45+ Peoria area High Schools and local Community Colleges as a part of our corporate commitment to engage the next generation of the emerging work force, and continue to increase our ability to recruit qualified students. This program is an excellent way to “bridge the gap” in the school-to-work transition.
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 18, 2019 at 11:59pm.
2019-2020 Student Trainee Program session dates:
YEAR-ROUND - June 3, 2019 – May 29, 2020
Full-time (40 hours) during the summer/part-time (10-20 hours per week) during school year
SUMMER ONLY- June 3, 2019– August 2, 2019
10 week program full-time during the summer only (40 hours per week)
Although the summer session usually has limited opportunities, please encourage your students to select the session that will best suit their school schedules, as well as any additional school commitments that they may have, as that is their priority. Understanding that students are involved in sports and other activities, it is our intent to work around their schedule as best as possible. However, students must demonstrate their good attendance, flexibility and commitment to the program.
Summer Only and Year-round Opportunities in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics (Digital/Analytics)
Please note that there are no guarantees to placement in either session.
Reminders & Updates to the program:
- The job openings will be posted from January 1, 2019 – February 18, 2019.
- We moved the application submission date forward by two weeks so that we can begin the hiring process earlier and have selections made sooner
- Students who receive an offer of employment must complete a drug test. Students under the age of 18 will need parental consent (I will supply the student with the necessary form)
- There are separate job openings for high school versus community college students
- **High School Seniors who will attend community college in the Fall of 2019 must apply to the community college openings. High School Seniors who will attend a 4-year university in the Fall of 2019 must apply to the high school openings.*
The application process will require students to submit the following:
- Students will complete an on-line application through www.caterpillar.com/careers (Instructions attached)
- Students must attach their current resume and unofficial transcript to their online application (if student cannot upload their transcripts to their application, transcripts can be emailed directly to Jena Patrick atPatrick_Jena@cat.com)
- Students may begin applying on-line Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Deadline to apply is Monday, February 18, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Self with any questions that you may have on the program or the application process.