Caterpillar Student Training Program
Please see the 2018-2019 Caterpillar Student Trainee Program information below and let Mrs. Self know if you have any questions.
Deadline to apply is March 2, 2018.
The Student Trainee Program, established in 1989, continues to provide exciting opportunities for high school and community college students to work in a real-world environment. Qualified students are placed in jobs in the areas of Accounting, Clerical, Engineering, Digital/Analytics, and Information Technology. This program is an excellent way to “bridge the gap” in the school-to-work transition.
Caterpillar partners with over 40 schools including 2 community colleges as a part of our corporate commitment to engage the next generation of the emerging work force, and continue to increase our ability to recruit qualified students. We are always looking for ways to improve the strategic direction of our student development pipeline, corporate recruiting and resource planning on a global basis.
Please note that there are no guarantees as to placement in either session.
Understanding that students are involved in sports and other activities, it is our intent to work around their schedule as best as possible. However, students must demonstrate their good attendance, flexibility and commitment to the program.
Reminder of 2 major changes from last year that I would like to point out below:
- There is no longer a paper application packet that the student must complete and mail in. Students will now just apply online (instructions included) and they must attach their current resume and unofficial transcripts.
- Students who receive an offer of employment must complete a drug test. Students under the age of 18 will need parental consent (I will supply the student with the necessary form).
- There are separate job openings now for high school versus community college students. **High School Seniors who will attend community college in the Fall of 2018 must apply to the community college openings. High School Seniors who will attend a 4 year university in the Fall of 2018 must apply to the high school openings.
The application process will require students to submit the following:
- Students will complete an on-line application through www.caterpillar.com/careers (Instructions attached)
- Students must attach their current resume and unofficial transcript to their online application (if student cannot upload their transcripts to their application, transcripts can be emailed to my attention)
- Deadline to apply is March 2, 2018.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Self with any questions that you may have on the program or the application process.